Recipe of rice broth of fish
This delicious and fun recipe of fish soup rice is prepared with ease and with few ingredients. Yes, all fresh.
To make this dish it is necessary to have fish broth, which you can prepare with heads and tails of the animal.
If you want to know how to make a good broth for this rice, read my post about it:
- How to make fish broth
This recipe of rice broth made with fresh hake fish. You can use some other variety of fish as long as it is white.
As for the size of the wheels, they were small and not more than 2 cm thick. In the photo you can see the size they had.
I put cayenne pepper because I like the spicy touch, but you do not need to use it if you do not want to.
Of rest, pure traditional ingredients of any home cooking.
How to make rice broth from fish
- 1/2 kg of white fish chopped on wheels ( hake goes great)
- 1 cup of rice
- 4 cups of fish broth
- 1 medium onion
- ½ green pepper ... or red ...
- White kitchen wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Ground cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Separate the fish wheels in 2 parts: one you put in a pot with water and the other the reserves for later.
- Cooking the first half of the fish in water (or steamed if you want) and then dismantle it, making sure there are no spines or scales, the skin can be left. Reserve this meat on a plate.
- Heat a large pot with olive oil and fry the chopped garlic cloves very small, onion, pepper and tomato, all chopped into small cubes.
- Add the shredded fish, a pinch of salt and some pepper and let it sauté for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Take a splash of white wine and stir to evaporate alcohol.
- Now you are going to put the cup of rice and after mixing a little, the 4 cups of fish broth.
- Let it start to boil and try the salt, surely You will need to put it on until it is good for your taste. Add also freshly ground pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper (or a lot if you like spicy) and 2 bay leaves.
- Let it cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes stirring once in time.
- After the time, check how the rice grain is, it should be "al dente", and check the salt.
- Then add the other half of the wheels. Fish that you had reserved at the beginning. Immerse them well in the pot to cook.
- At this time it is important that you see how hot the preparation goes. If necessary you can add some more fish broth. This also depends on your taste.
- If the rice is "almost ready", lower the heat a little and add the chopped fresh parsley very small.
- Stir a little, turn off the heat and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Serve your rice soup with a generous spray of olive oil on top.
If you like the rice dishes I invite you to try the shrimp rice and the chicken broth rice 🙂